WHO SHOULD ATTEND
For those staff engaged in the monitoring/supervision of signing of roadworks.
On completion of the course members will have sufficient knowledge of the new procedures to carry them out in accordance with the DETR Safety at Road Works and Street Works Code of Practice under the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
- Fault finding on roadworks layouts
- The legal requirements
- The Red Book in depth
- Basic Layouts (Theory)
- Layouts of sites including selection of signs and equipment
- Layouts for temporary footways
- Testing of traffic signals
- Removals of signs and opening up of footways and carriageways
NOTE: All these courses are designed with a view to enabling course members to reach the standards required for them to subsequently pass the specified criteria laid down by City and Guilds to obtain Certificates of Competence